Saturday, April 22, 2006

5 Pledges for the Earth!

Since 1970, April 22nd is observed as the Earth Day. On this 37th Earth Day I make five pledges. Hope you would also do the same.

I will Not leave the water running. Turn off the water when brushing teeth or washing car as Fresh water is one of the most precious natural resources.

I will Switch off the lights whenever I leave the room.Power plants burn fuels to create energy. Burning fuel makes carbon dioxide that adds to global warming. The less energy used the less needed to make.

I will Print on both sides of the page at work. Use half the paper, Save Trees!

I will Turn off the Monitor everytime I leave my computer A monitor left on overnight uses enough energy to print 5,300 pages.

I will Use Re-Cycled Paper items and Energy Conserving Appliances. Re-Cycled paper items means no more trees have been cut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home