Friday, February 04, 2005

I will do my own thing

   To work in a MNC is something that happens pretty naturally these days to an average Indian. The work in most of the cases is pretty good and the remuneration is also not bad (though we always feel that the company is cheating us!!!). So life is good. But somewhere deep within some of us feel "If only I could do something which was closer to my heart". Most of us just dream about it and never think of doing anything about our innermost wish to do something different with our lives. But there are a few who say "I will do my thing..." and they do it too!!
   I have had the pleasure of meeting few such First Generation Entrepreneurs who are running their own businesses in lines where they feel their talent lies. A couple of them are seasoned professionals who after doing long stints with corporate companies have now started their own consultancies and are doing very well. They built their financial security and then ventured out. A couple of them treid their hand at Training as their forte. With good education and a some expierience behind them they launched into a company of their own. Things were going good for them. But at some point they opted back into corporate jobs with a promise to be back into there Entrepreneural ways at some point of time.
   Then come the guys who facinate me the most. They have selected "Theatre" as their call of duty. "So what's different about that, haven't most of the bigshot actors done something like this?",is what you may ask! Well have you heard of couple of guys giving up their corporate jobs and starting an entertainment company of their own after just a year into their jobs?? Well I hadn't before I met Karthik "evam" Sunil. These guys are Entrepreneurs in real sense. In one year that evam has been in exsistence they have done 5 Plays, which have been the toast of entertainment in Chennai. With plans to go real big in their second year things look real bright for them.
   It takes a lot of guts to break away from tradition and venture out into something off the beaten track. I may not have that in me as of now. But I really admire those who take that bold decision. Hats off to you guys. Do your own Thing......

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well its the height of timepass and pls do soemthing sensible....like work!!!!!!!

1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

........Also pls contribute something to society rather than some bloody war movie reviews!!!!!!!

1:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Appreciation mail

Well ive been asked by essdee to say something nice...well , let me try....ummm, umm.....at best, this thing is quite mediocre.
Thts the best I could manage!!!!!!

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home