Thursday, November 24, 2005

That could have been!

One of my latest acquisition (feels good to use that word :-), but actually its just a simple purchase) has been the entire FRIENDS Collection. Yes all 10 Seasons all episodes plus some extra footage !! If you are a FRIENDS lover as me, then you can imagine the joy this is giving me these days. Late nights watching one episode after another. I don't think I have had a craze for any other TV Serial as I have for FRIENDS (hmm maybe a bit for Baywatch, but that was just the raging hormones in the teenage years :-) ). As far as FRIENDS is concerned its really the simple reason that it never fails to make you happy.

Last night in the episode that I caught was the one in which the guys wonder if certain things had not happened to them, or certain decisions they had not taken, what life would have been like! Would they have been better off or worse, would they still be together. The things that each wonders :
Phoebe :If she had taken up the job with Merryl Lynch and become a stock broker,
Joey :If he hadn't put his foot in his mouth and was still on the TV show "Days of our Life" as Dr Dreg Remore,
Monica :If she had remained Fat,
Chandler :If he had the guts to give up his job and become a comic writer,
Rachel :If she hadn't run out from her marriage with Barry and gone on to become his wife,
Ross :If he hadn't got divorced (for the first time) and his first wife Carol hadn't realized that she is a Lesbian!
The serial proceeds with an imagination if all of these things were trouble.

That Could Have Been!!. Well it set me wondering about some of my actions too. Life certainly takes lots of twists and turns. What if I had completed my Engineering instead of leaving it after just 1 year? How different would things be for me?

In the FRIENDS episode, things actually end up in the same manner. Monica and Chandler hook-up inspite of Monica being Fat and Chandler being a failed comic writer. Though Rachel marries Barry, she later finds her cheating on her. Ross' wife Carol does realize that she is a Lesbian.

Had I completed my Engineering, I would have still ended up in some IT company, more or less doing what I am doing right now. I may have been earning more at this stage and maybe a position above in the corporate hierarchy. But would life really be different?

Its like a journey, if you take all the right turns, you reach your destination sooner and safer. You take wrong turns, you end up late and maybe with more fatigue. Life is gonna take me where I am meant to go. I need to make sure that I don't take anymore wrong turns!

What could have been is nice to dream about when you have nothing better to do or when you are on a high! In waking reality What can be done is more important
Cherio :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sirji keep writing .....,

9:26 PM  
Blogger KRTY said...

Saurabh, :) Friends please :))

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home