Tuesday, May 31, 2005

French Open on the Net

Whenever a cricket match is going on, especially if India is playing, then most of our PC's have atleast one window open which has the Scorecard on display. Does that affect our productivity? Well that is something debatable, depending on what position you work on! Yesterday during lunch when I was checking my mails and surfing, I remembered that French Open is in progress and I suddenly had a desire to check whats happening at the Roland Garros. www.frenchopen.org was the site I typed in the browser and it redirected me to Rolandgarros.com. Interesting! That is the word I would use to describe my experience on this site. With a color that gives you a feel of clay and features that make you stay on the site and explore more and more, visiting the site wants you to come back for more. Some of the features that impressed me a lot were the Online Scorecard, Virtual Tour of Roland Garros and The IBM Multimedia Console.

Yesterday was a bad day for Indians at the French Open. Both Mahesh Bhupati and Leander Paes lost their respective matches. The only Indian Challenge left is Leander in Mixed Doubles with the great Martina Navratilova. The women's singles had couple of interesting results. The 10th seeded Justine Henin-Hardenne ousting 2nd seeded Maria Sharapova and the French woman Mary Pierce beating top seeded Davenport. It would be nice to see these two ladies battling it out in the Final. Very much possible! In my opinion the match of the Tournament is going to be Mens 1st semi-final between World No 1 Roger Federe and the 18 year old Spaniard Rafael Nadal who is storming the Clay circuit. Ideally this should have been the final. Though I like Federer a lot I would want to see Nadal go through to the final and win the championship. Lets see!!
Cherio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home